Well, Instagram is all about photographs, and it could be really handy for an individual to know some basic features that Instagram provides its users to ensure the protection of their personal information.
Whenever someone tags you in their photos, Instagram automatically posts that picture on your account under Photos of you section, which could be viewed by any individual on Instagram as the default settings are set to public.
Although it is not possible to stop your mates from tagging you in their pictures, still Instagram does provide some essential features to administer such photos and allows an individual to choose if they want their tagged photos to be public or not. Users can refer to the steps mentioned below to customize their privacy settings and manage who can view their photos and who cannot.
Photos Of You
- To customize your Photos of you settings, users will have to launch their Instagram app and head to their profile.
- Now select the “Photos of you” option from the extreme right of your profile page which would display all the pictures that your friends have tagged you in.
- Your tagged images will initially load in a grid style, but a user can simply select the desired picture to bring it to a standard size to view who has tagged them in the picture alongside the comments and likes.
- Users can press the three line option adjacent to the picture to choose from a number of options like remove the tag, delete the photo from the account, share to and much more.
One could easily use this feature to customize their tagged pictures by using the Photos of you feature. If an individual wants to hide the photo, they are tagged in; then they can refer to the steps mentioned below.
- Select the “Photos of you” feature from your Instagram profile page.
- Now choose the desired picture from your tagged photos that you want to hide from your profile for public viewing by tapping on it.
- Now select the “Menu” from your smart device.
- And then press the “Photo Option” which would redirect you to a new menu.
- Now Android users are required to choose the “Remove Tag” option to hide the photo from their profile. iPhone users will have to choose “Remove Me from Photo” to remove the tagged picture from their Photos of you page.
Hide from my profile
Users can also simply hide the tagged photo from their Instagram account by choosing “Hide from my profile” to only remove the picture from their account while keeping their name tagged with the photo.
Android users can also remove the picture from their profile instead of deleting the photo and tag from there profile by merely toggling on the “Keep in Photo of You” button. By following the steps mentioned above, Instagram users can easily customize their tagged photos and make their Instagram profile much more presentable.
Kellie Minton is a qualified IT engineer by education. After working in the IT sector for a decade, she began writing about it two years ago. She loves to write about emerging technology like www.office.com/setup.